> Yep, there is a certain magic that happens when there is genuine creative
tension with talented people. You just can't program or totally plan for
that, imho.

> A couple of examples come to mind: Mathew Jonson at Yel2 during Movement -
nothing fancy, a laptop & other machines setup on a table. a huge part of
his show (imo) was that he was SO into what he was doing that it was
infectuous. It made it that much more enjoyable. Last year I saw Amon Tobin
play and it was cool, but not overly interesting or exciting. He had one
laptop and was smoking a cigarette the whole time, hardly ever looking up
and moving his mouse around. The music was wicked tho'

> Lisa

not usually live but this reminds me of surgeon.  he can be absolutely
leveling the place but always looks like he's having a spot of tea.  boring
tea at that