I have mine covered in my home insurance but I told
them that I had £x worth of CD's and £x worth of
records and asked them to note that with the sidenote
that that number will rise as the year goes on ;-) As
long as no single record goes over my single item
limit £500+ must be declared separately and listed
then its OK.

Cheers
BT