>What's the process in the UK?

Not too sure Lester.

I guess 'local' government (e.g. city/county councils - elected on a local
basis) decide street names and what have you.
I guess Chicago's authorities are similar to what we call 'local councils'

As Rob mentioned, we don't really have national days like this so much.

Maybe our 'establishment' is a bit old school for all this kind of stuff.

Wasn't there a thing in Detroit and the mayor became known as "The Hip Hop
Mayor" or something as his views were seen to be angled towards youth
culture or something?

and also Robs pretty bang on with this comment I'd say....
>I've no idea but I am sure backhanders and cronyism are involved somewhere
in the process.

although I guess its the same for you guys. maybe?

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring