an essential wayne gardiner release is logic 'the warning/final frontier'
on strictly rhythm. it's in my 'deep house' mix at www.jbucknell.com (comes
in at 26 mintues, after liz torres.  direct link is
www.jbucknell.com/deephouse_jbucknellcom.mp3

another strictly rhythm release essence 'just a touch' is also really good.

as for joe lewis, his stuff on target is really hard to find. a couple of
his target tracks were re-released on the seperate ways release on relief.
it's easier to get and is excellent.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             com
             13/07/04 01:43 PM         313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) UR v. Wayne Gardiner

Tristan>Has anyone ever noticed a striking similarity between that Wayne
Gardiner
>track (I think it's one of his Logic ones on Strictly Rhythm) and UR's
>'Millenium to Millenium'? The stabs are nearly frickin' identical
(although
>UR add a chord change - as they do).

Seeing as I'm so bored, I thought I'd resurrect this thread.
I like some Wayne Gardiner stuff. Pretty dreamy kind of housey techno.

I remember when Frankie Valentine played our club once, he opened up with a
Wayne Gardiner track on deepworldwide music(?). It was a belter, I never
did find a copy. Proper 'clear the air' kind of record.

Been checking his newer stuff via Ibadan, but haven't really been feeling
it too much, kind of bordering on proggy trance or something. Can anyone
recommend me some older Wayne Gardiner stuff to check that I may have
missed. Any releases anyone considers 'essential'? and while you're at it,
what are Joe Lewis essentials? I think I know 2 records by him. Another
essential chi-town producer I know nothing about.

Ta.

ForwardSourceID:NT0000F896