Hello all,

I was pretty curious after the recent space of Wayne Gardiner/UR posts so I
popped
into my local vinyl emporium today and found a copy of Wayne Gardiner's
'The Warning/Final Frontier' for a bargain 2 quid (about 3.5 dollars). I
actually had a
copy of this when it first came out but it got stolen many years ago. The
one thing I thought
when I heard it was 'wow, this still sounds pretty good' and then I looked
at the label for
the year of release. 1990, couldn't believe it !! This guy was at least 2 or
3 years ahead of
other NY guys like Kerri Chandler etc. Sublime deep house with emotive
chords which really
draw you in.

Interestingly enough to what Tristan was saying yesterday, I heard a part of
the flip-side 'The Warning'
which sounds exactly like part of the strings of Knight of The Jaguar. It's
only a 15 second segment but
it sounds almost identical. May be wishful thinking on my behalf but I
wonder if any of the UR crowd were
influenced by his tracks ?

This guys got me hooked - can anyone recommend any other stuff that he did ?

PS - Has anyone else noticed that Abacus remixed 'The Final Frontier' on the
B-Side of his My Brazilian Love
ep on Balance. The tracks called Phases.

Chris ( aka Deep-House Trainspotter ;)