----- Original Message -----
From: "theREALmxyzptlk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "313 Detroit"
<313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: (313) ACT

> The 12" mix of Savage Progress' "Heart Begins to Beat" is another worthy
> dig (and one I heard turn up in one of Theo Parrish's cdr mixes).

Tieing together two of today's threads, I'll be dropping this as my second
song (following some serious pirate themage) tomorrow night on the boat. I
first heard it in a Ron Hardy DHP mix and frantically requested a track ID.
Makes me think of slightly punkier Love and Rockets meets mid-80s dance
music. Wicked.

On this note, I've been really in to the '80s dance music I grew up with
lately, a la New Order (well, they've been my favorite band for an eternity,
but I've had a resurgent interest). Stuff with live instruments, especially
New Order's early stuff. I wanted to play a lot of it at this boat party but
had to kill some of my children for the greater good of the set. On that
note, I recently recovered my copy of Music for the Masses, but wasn't
compelled to play any of it, although I'm an enormous Depeche Mode fan.
Maybe I'm just really into New Order right now and thinking of it in broader
terms. I've also been well into my industrial stuff but haven't revisited
Pet Shop Boys, so maybe I'm just looking for something edgy. Given that I'm
in a techno mood this Summer, that would confirm, and is totally contrary to
most of my Summer (Chicago housey) moods. Weird Summer (weather and
music)...

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk