yep, Woody was very influential on the whole midwest acid techno sound
he used to have some good connections with the UR guys but I'm not sure
what happened to that
he works more with Drop Bass now

if his music wasn't influential then the raves he threw around the Midwest
definitely were

MEK

                      atomly

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       313@hyperreal.org

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: RE: (313) Friday
- Home Town Band
                      08/06/2004 02:40

                      PM

Well, if you're going to include them, you need to mention Jake Mandell,
Mr. Projectile, Brad Kraft, etc...  All those guys that got the IDM
scene going there a few years ago-- the band Triangle also came out of
that scene, though they're more on the twee thing these days.  Cepia
(Ghostly) is also from Minneapolis.

But yeah, I was speaking purely of influential people.  Sure, Woodie was
techno, but he certainly inlfuenced me early on.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...