I was just pointing out the sorts of things that would change if
hosting low-quality segments of copyrighted musical works online
was absolutely outlawed. Effectively, part of a track appearing as
part of an mp3 mix is no different to part of a track appearing as
a preview clip on a record shop's website. Neither is anything
like the equivalent of *owning* a track, which is why I reckon
that hosting mp3 mixes online isn't a bad thing...

(..so long as the site hosting the mixes isn't money-making and
every effort is taken to provide full tracklist info, of course!)

Brendan