From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Personally I didn't quite get into The Matrix. It's very strong
visually -
>and very clever - but I found it very cold and devoid of any
humanity and
>the third instalment was infuriating with its inconsistencies and
poor
>script.

i liked the first matrix as an action flick. pretty much every
scifi concept in it was done better in the 2 years before it came
out: both dark city and the 13th floor have lots of the same kind
of thing going on, and both were far superior.

>Some others might be (or these are some of my faves):
>Gattica (slept-on, what more can I say)

still never seen this. dont know why.

>Artificial Intelligence (very simple yet profound, loved the
multiple
>endings)

eh. i could feel what kubrick would have done throughout the film,
and it just kind of ruined it for me. everything that he would
have really abstracted, spielburg turned into ET part 2. blah. i
didnt hate it, but i had such high expectations.

>Minority Report (interesting, I almost warmed to Tom Cruise in
this role)

like andrew duke said, most of the philip dick movie adaptations
are good. i love total recall especially.

>Anyway I am wondering if any of you esteemed people would like to
suggest
>your favourite techno film/s.

i think baraka is a good techno film. i cant think of too much
now, ill chime in later with more.

tom

andythepooh.com