yeah, but that's been happening for a while now - maybe not in your town
but globally small labels, record shops and distributors have been affected
by the overall music industry collapse (or deflation might be a better
word). For every label that closes one or two more spring up. There's also
small distributors that might be worth taking a chance on. Sure you don't
get into every record shop - it actually just might be regional but that's
grassroots business.
What about record labels that work together to form their own distribution
service? I recall hearing about it in the indie-rock scene.

in regard to nights at clubs shutting down - I think it's been caused by
people getting nervous about upcoming elections - not wanting to spend too
much money and people just not really feeling like going out because of
this and other social-political woes.

the Threat Advisory today is: Yellow - significant risk of terroist attacks

time for the "two minute Hate"
know what I mean?

MEK

                      atomly

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       313@hyperreal.org

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: (313) otto lives!

                      08/23/04 04:26 PM

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I do agree though, consolidation sends up a red flag for me - in this
case
> I don't think I'm going to get too nervous (yet)

Yeah, I didn't mean to seem alarmist or anything-- it just feels like
electronic music has been moving in this direction lately so it's
starting to concern me.  Smaller labels, nights, shops and distributors
have been folding at an increased pace lately, which is not good in my
opinion.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...