From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

in regard to nights at clubs shutting down - I think it's been caused by
people getting nervous about upcoming elections - not wanting to spend
too much money and people just not really feeling like going out because
of this and other social-political woes.

I'd say clubs experiencing decreasing numbers is not strictly a US
phenomenon - there was a time here (Dublin) when 4 or 5 techno nights
could happen over a weekend and all would do reasonably well. Not so
much these day though, a few clubs have a strong following but the rest
might be empty if a Mills or Garnier is in town playing one of the
bigger venues.
I reckon it's got a lot to do with the fact the dance music - or at
least the form of it we discuss here - isn't new any more, so there's
not such an urgency to see what it's all about for those people only
getting to a club going age now.

Phil