that dan curtin is one of my very favorite curtin records. it's so so good.
even at the time it came out the tracks were pretty old, think it's pretty
early stuff from him.

the mg's are great too! rotating retrospective has a couple really funky-quirky
different takes on room 120-2 from quadrilocular,  and the other one has the
irresistable pico track. i have that paul mac too, i wasnt very impressed with
it at the time but pulled it out and yeah it's pretty good. kinda in the same
area as dan and morgan's stuff but with a little less personality and more
smoothness. there was also that jaime reade (LHAS) album on fragmented, 4xLP! i
only got into about half the tracks on it, but still, that meant like..10
tracks or something...some great ones on there! like that very last track that
sampled a loop from the strikers' "body music" (i think??), ran it thru a nice
filter and threw some beautiful strings and piano chords over...ohhhh...gonna
toss it on now actually..

Great record.  Fragmented had some corkers... the Dan Curtin 'life in
the savage garden' has some BRILLIANT tracks, one with absolutely
jaw-dropping 808 programming and beautiful synth melodies, lot of
momentum, an unforgettable track.  I'll have to dig that one out.
Morgan G had a couple on EPs on there too.

peace
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com