On 22 Sep 2004, at 08:41, Mann, Ravinder wrote:

I can't put it down to a city but I would say the North of England. I recall that the take up for House/Techno was stonger in Leeds/Manchester/Sheffield. London was still doing its rare groove thang (and moved more towards acid
jazz) when the North started to move from Rare Groove to House/Techno.

I'd agree with this, it isn't London or Sheffield - I'm thinking more along Manchester/Birmingham/Berlin. London was way behind Manchester, Sheffield was before and Leeds I know nothing about the early scene - I don't ever remember traveling to a club there - it was always Stoke/Wigan/Manc/Sheff/Mansfield for me...

I wasn't asking to start an argument, I really am interested in peoples views.

(The club sets were a lot more open too, you would hear all styles of music
in one night - gets nostalgic)

A lot of people forget this, I remember Inner City being slammed in PWEI at the Hac - people still went nuts.

Martin

Rav