Unbelievable. "The hypocrisy reading levels at 100 percent and rising, captain..."
On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 08:11 AM, Tristan Watkins wrote:

I've just re-read the entire post, and had a look at http://www.djmani.com. Have a glance
at his top labels list:

Labels I Like
AXIS - Chicago - Jeff Mills
CL RECORDINGS - Berlin - Chris Liebing
DRUMCODE - Stockholm - Adam Beyer
ELEKTRIX - London - Billy Nasty
F-COM - Paris - Laurent Garnier
GIGOLO - Berlin - DJ Hell
H PRODUCTIONS - Stockholm - Cari Lekebusch
IN-TEC - London - Carl Cox
KANZLERAMT - Berlin - Heiko Laux
ORBEAT - Naples - Danilo Vigorito
MINUS - Windsor - Richie Hawtin
MUSIC MAN - Amsterdam
MUTE
PURE SONIK - Chicago - T-1000
RED PLANET - Detroit - Original UR sub-label
SYNEWAVE - NYC - Damon Wild
TORTURED - London - Billy Nasty
TRESOR - Berlin
UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE - Detroit
WARP RECORDS - Sheffield
ZENIT - Naples - Marco Carola

Hmm... Mostly European. Sounds to me like he's just had a few intense conversations in his recent travels and came out of them with what would essentially be a good idea (for American record buyers), but has gone way past the mark with his boycott idea, and spouted a load of ill-informed crap at the end of it. Frankly, I wouldn't bother getting too huffy about it. Dude's just stumbled onto some flavour-of-the-month ideology and put his foot in it. The basic idea is not such a bad one though (other than the boycott).

Tristan