> But the US is like the Roman Empire - a super coloniser - and it will fall
i was just thinking of the unique position that dj mani is in being an
american yet at the same time post-colonial...
imagine what's going through his mind....don't mistake that to mean i'm
supportive...just understandable...i'm going to
do my best not to take this discussion too far off topic, but, there are so
many complex issues concerning america's future
that one has to look at the recent actions as desparetely clinging to a
standard of living that's impossible to maintain...
not even america would chance pissing the world off if it weren't
necessary...once again...not excusing anything...

>I always believed Clinton was more inclined that way but that's my
political view.
i think clinton was unique, but you can't pull at too many threads or the
garment falls off...:) picture that...a naked america...

>some people I know even see hip-hop as part of US imperialism,
i'm not going to dismiss that view wholesale since the 'distribution' of hip
hop to the world is not controlled by the creators of hip hop...
i am glad however that *some* of the europeans as well as the austrailians
and japanese support art and/or culture
other than that which they're being bludeoned with...not that america
doesn't, but it gets comodified pretty quickly now-a-days...
...plus a new history is being shaped...what we experienced is very
different to what the future might be like, but i have
faith that something similar will take its place...

>> It's terrible that in the US Tiesto gets so much limelight,
i'm sorry to admit that i don't even know who he is...i only have the
internet for media so that means no radio or tv...rarely go to movie
either...
i have heard of sean deason tho'  :)