I've got some great Bryan Zentz records on both Intec and Tortured. Is that not techno? :-P
--
Tim Moore

On Oct 6, 2004, at 8:47 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Tell you what. This got me thinking.

(Yeah, yeah, I know that doesn't happen too often)

Everyone bangs on about Tiesto etc. But bringing the conversation round a little, I noticed that the now famous Dj Mani in his top 10 list of labels name checked Intec (Carl Cox's label), and 2 of Billy Nasty's labels in his
top 10.

Now. This obviously proves DJ Mani is a total no-brainer, but also on
another level too.
If you ask me, at least with the likes of Tiesto etc you know where you
stand. He's a popular trance dj, and does his thing to the masses.

Carl Cox on the other hand, is a complete band-wagon jumper, who changes his micro style of music every few years or so to keep in with the kids.

I forget how many times he's done it, but jesus. Billy Nasty is the same. Their current little thing is so called 'techno' (that's hard dance music
to you and me)
and f**kwits like Dj Mani are lapping it up and spending their money on it. There's 101 other worthy UK labels he could spend his money with, and has
been for the last 15 years.

Shame Dj Mani ignored all these and chose to spend his money with the
jokers.

He speaks of battles etc, and boycotts, but flippin 'eck, all us here in the UK have been battling against these jokers using the name techno from
the year dot. It's nothing new.

These clowns ruined that word 'techno' (and had done by about '92), such is
which we can't use it anymore. I don't use it anyway, do you?

Hmm, sorry, more ramblings.

And if you guys from Renegade Rhythm come back with a story like "well, me
and the advent were having tea and scones and they say Carl Cox is
alright", I'm gonna scream.

Alex