well I am 32 have a family (which will grow in Feb next year - can't wait!) and
still love all kinds of techno, clubbing , playing out , the whole thing...if
you truely love techno you'll stick with it whatever.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Mann, Ravinder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 10/11/2004 12:41 PM
        To: 'Aidan O'Doherty'; 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: RE: (313) jaded/Non Ageing Techno

        To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

        "it seems to be music that you are supposed to grow out of. most of my
        friends used to go to clubs, but would now rather eat their own flesh
than
        listen to techno"

        So True...

        Most of my friends are into Nu Soul, Rap and Rnb (callitwatchchoowill)
and
        cant bear to listen anything with a 4-4 beat. They cant hear beyond the
        rhythm of the kick. They need to step out 'beyond the dance'. But play
them
        Missy Eliots 'For my Peeps' and they can dig it.

        As you say a lot of techno is made for clubs and dancing, people of a
        certain age move away from clubs. Theres families to look after. Plus I
        don't think I could do a 4/4 workout for more than 4 mins : ).

        Im listening to way more techno (not necessarily the dance orientated
stuff,
        more the armchair stuff) than I did when I was younger. I like the
        abstraction, making my own mind up about what the music is
communicating. I
        mean how many times cant you hear a song containing the lines
"Laaadeeyy, I
        love yewwwwowwww, plueeeeeese don't leeeeeve meeeee' sung in that
warbling
        oversinging style that seems to be so popular.

        Don't get me wrong I'm still partial to soul and rap, but it really
needs to
        try harder.

        Good Hard Tryers - Aaliyah (rip)/Anti Pop
Consortium/MadVillian/Badu/Prefuse
        73/Cody Chestnutt/Spacek/

        I was listening to the As One and Stastis compilations and thinking jeez
        these still represent a modern and futuristic sound.

        Send me you non ageing techno suggestions please. I'd love to hear what
the
        oldies are digging...

        Cheers,

        Rav.