What makes me even madder is that I WAS in Chicago yesterday for the
day..if I would have known about this, I would have stayed longer...d*mn
it to hell!

Alex

"Thorin Teague" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/21/2004 09:03 PM

"313@hyperreal.org" <313@hyperreal.org>
cc

Subject
Re: (313) The Trax 20 Year Anniversary

not that it would have made a difference for me, but in the future please
don't wait until the day of to post stuff like this.

Matt MacQueen writes:

> Thursday, October 21, 2004
>
> The Trax 20 Year Anniversary
> feat. Marshall Jefferson, Farley Jackmaster Funk & Maurice Joshua
>
> Legendary Chicago house label Trax Recordings turns 20, celebrating in
> grand fashion with super-rare flashback performances by three of its
> musical founding fathers: Marshall Jefferson, Farley Jackmaster Funk &
> Maurice Joshua.  It’s difficult to overestimate the impact of Trax
> Recordings on the global dance music scene in 1984.  With such seminal
> releases as “The House Music Anthem (Move Your Body)” (Marshall
> Jefferson), “This Is Acid” (Maurice Joshua), “Funkin’ With The
> Drums”
> (Farley Jackmaster Funk), and many countless more soon-to-be house
> classics, Trax was on the fast road to redefining the sound of dance
music
> today.  Playing a key role in Chicago’s claim to fame as the origin of
> house music, Trax’s stable of legendary DJ/Producers is staggering,
> including Frankie Knuckles, Fingers Inc., Phuture, Adonis, and so many
> more.  Indeed, the echo Trax Recordings started so many years ago can
> still be heard loud and clear 20 years later.  What better way to
> celebrate a proud Chicago tradition than bringing the crew back
together?
> Gotta have house?  Coming right up!!!
>

> FEATURING 6 HOURS OF NON-STOP PREMIUM CHICAGO OLD-SCHOOL HOUSE SPUN BY
THE