On Nov 11, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Stoddard, Kamal wrote:

Yo matt! I'm trippin man! nobody I know knows that MARRS cut. I play it at the monthly I do and everytime I get crazy folks spotting it. Been a secret weapon for ages.

hey thanks man.. yeah that is a pretty special little cut! ... love to hear an extended edit, nice call. That whole A.R. Kane and Colourbox collab. really worked. There is some other good Colourbox stuff with just *insane* edits (Breakdown , forgot which version, i think there are like 3 or 4 different ones). Looks Like We're One Horse Shy is pretty great too (copious samples of spaghetti western films taken to absurdity, but still good music/concept). Considering they were all done in the late 80's with audio tape and razor blades it's a pretty intense creation. That b-side t's just a perfect fusion of machines and emotion and effects.. the words i even like "i'll feed you sugarcaaaaaaake".. i love. Always wonderd were there any other outtakes from that recording session, and was that singing on the track a sample from something else, or did that male vocalist come into the studio with them? It's buried under the guitar distortion but sounds so cool against the dope beats.

does anyone on 313 have contacts at 4AD or can get in contact with A.R. Kane and find out what was up with this b-side? Definitely a 'lost classic' in my book.. i'm thrilled other people even recognize it.

peace
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com