Hmmm... if Alex already has all the meta-files (the .asd ones with
the same names as the .wav files), then that's not an issue. I recently
had the demo of Ableton 4 and was using my WAV collection with no problems.
(I bought it after ten minutes - it's a huge leap forward from 3. But
wasn't so pricey for me as I was just upgrading)

However, if you're planning to warp new WAVs and save the meta-files
using the demo version then you might be on shaky ground. I don't think
I've warped WAV files in demo versions of Ableton before.

The main thing is that you don't need to save Ableton files (the .als
ones) to preserve the warping information for WAVs. Warping information
for WAVs is contained in the .asd files, which can be read by any
version of Ableton, whether 3 or 4.

Alex, do you already have all the WAVs that you're going to use
in your set?

Brendan