Apart from when I use it to do re-edits or new tracks,
the only times I save things in Ableton is when I want
to set up a blank screen which has loads of keyboard
and MIDI shortcuts programmed into it. I won't go into
depth about how I've got it set up, but pretty much
every key on the keyboard has some sort of function
(unmute Send 1, play clip B3, etc etc) so that it
can be controlled without using the mouse. But a lot
of the time I just start with a blank screen myself
and just set that stuff up as I go.

You *can* use it with files you've already marked/warped
up, so no worries there! It *might* be tricky if you
want to mark/warp new files with that demo version, but
if all your tracks are already done then I reckon you'll
be OK.

Brendan