I've got a 20gig iriver H300 series - I think they replaced the H100 series
and have the advantage of a colour screen so you can view photos.

the killer app for me was the line in recording. works really well and you
can encode at whatever quality you want.

also can transfer files via USB without the need for a computer so you can
transfer directly from camera to the iriver. I don't see why updates in the
firmware shouldn't allow for transfer between mp3 players in the same
fashion. the firmware is updateable and so it is likely that the color
screen can be used to watch movie files at a later stage.

There's no software that needs to be installed on your computer either - it
just appears as another hard drive on your desktop - so you simply drag
files in and out without having to maintain double copies on your computer
(like iTunes).........nice sennheiser headphones too.

cnet.com will have some good reviews for you to shop around.

downsides are - fiddly buttons, a little bit of a brick, not that pretty
like the waaaaay fashionable ipod, a tiny bit slow to scroll through titles
and load up especially if full, only 4x scan speed which can be a little
annoying for long djmixes.

otherwsie i'm pretty impressed and with updateable firmware it should stand
the test of time

happy shopping
rc