What happens to the homeless when it's that cold?

-----Original Message-----
From: M : A : T : R : I : X [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 2:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Movement (was Re: (313) paging iridite crew)

that was *so* funny! and sadly ever word of it is true. yes Chicago does
exist, and yes even thought it's hard to imagine, the winters and summers
are even more extreme than in Detroit/Michigan. After living there for a
year and a half, and moving back to Detroit, I no longer feel the bitter
cold of Michigan winters. Michigan seasons now seem comparatively tame after
surviving the deadly Chicago summers and winters. literally. people would
die! while people around me complain about how cold it is here in Detroit,
I'm thinking "you have no idea what 'cold' is". I here Siberia is pretty
nice this time of year :^)

on 12/1/04 7:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered these words:

> does it get cold in winter in detroit? you wouldn't believe it! I had to
> ask if it was safe to leave records in the car, i thought cold like that
> could damage vinyl.
>
> when i moved to new york from sydney i nearly died. i thought there
> couldn't be a colder place on earth. then i fell in love with a girl from
> windsor and visited detroit regularly. my god! someone had made a big
> mistake building a city there. then i spent christmasses at her family
> holiday house in northen michigan (houghton lake). i refused to leave the
> house for the week for the first few years. i just watched this muskrat on
> the iced up river muching on frozen weeds. poor little bastard.
>
> and get this - in summer the place is worse than australia - it's really
> hot and humid as hell. and there isn't a beach in sight.
> i still don't know whether to believe that chicago really exists. surely
> people couldn't really live in a such a place.
>
> well, it's the beach for me this saturday, followed by kenny larkin in the
> evening.
> james
> www.jbucknell.com
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> com
> 01/12/04 05:20 PM         313@hyperreal.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: (313) Movement (was Re: (313)
> paging iridite crew)
>

>> how I survived michigan winter
>
> honest question.
>
> does it get really cold in detroit in the winter?
>
> snowing and all that?
>
> is it warm in the summer?
>
> thanks
>
> alex
>
> p.s. its kinda mild here all year round, just rains alot. (manchester)
> --------------------- End of message text --------------------
>
> This e-mail is sent by the above named in
> their individual, non-business capacity and
> is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
>
> PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
> outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
> telecommunications on its e-mail and
> telecommunications systems. By replying
> to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.
>

> ForwardSourceID:NT0001681E

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.