> SO, did anybody buy any really great electro records this
> year?  Maybe banging stuff with a slight 313/UR feel, stuff I
> could rock the dance floor with?

The claro intellecto ep "sections" as well as the previous "piece of mind" both
have some serious space cadet bangout electro on. Also the big booty ep on
electrofunk by mr. De is Ghetto heat for real.("nobody knows about these
bxtches..."). Ultradyne's priviledge of sacrifice joint as well as the cities
in retro bizness are both ESSENTIAL. Kinda evil too. In like that "evil witch
that everybody wants to tap cuz she's so hot" kinda way. I liked the sterac
stuff but couldn't afford to buy 'em.   The arne weinberg 7" (aw001) has a
break that I consider electro, but not in the typical drexciya definition. Not
banging so much as trancending melodica, but electro nonetheless. Also another
arne track, the one on starbaby (can't think of the title) is dope. I'm not too
big on the fabrice lig rmx, or the other, more minimal electro track with the
atonal sawtooths,, but the lush track with the falling one note bassline is the
bizzomb, sounds so urgent and futuristic (ahh those verbed!
  out bells...). Also coming out of this into cybotron-clear has become one of
my "after I clear the floor" standard moves. Always gets 'em back in the
groove. I never got any of the dynarec joints though I still want them soooooo
bad. Mecha on the rick wade thing is one of my fave electro releases of the
year though pretty far from banging though, more moody than anything.
Man there's tons more I can't recall right now. Have to flip through my bag
when I get home.

How's that for techno talk? Am I cool yet? Oh wait! **reaches for a kool
menthol and a white label** ;^D

Kamal K. Stoddard
Techno Kool Kids Inc.

** I am exactly what I wanted to become since I was 5 years old. Since 5 year
olds are not noted for mature judgement and sometimes aspire to piracy or
gunfighting, this is not necessarily a sign of success. **