Not to start an old debate but, is there any truth to this?

None whatsoever, jesse saunders recorded  on and on in 83..and there
were afew releases on mitchball pre 85.

Am I the only one who's heard this?

no

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems

** I am exactly what I wanted to become since I was 5 years old. Since 5
year olds are not noted for mature judgement and sometimes aspire to
piracy or gunfighting, this is not necessarily a sign of success. **