On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Stoddard, Kamal wrote:

Ob313: man parrish remixed Gloria Gaynor whose debut lp was on motown.

no worries, it's more direct than that, The Wizard used to hammer the shit out of Boogie Down Bronx on WJLB.

Anyway it's Heatstroke on Importe is probably worth something, I'd take a wild guess at $15--20, but just to freaks like us. There was a version of Heatstroke on it's own 12" with a picture cover too. I love that artwork on Importe recs though, btw... cut and dried, so classic. Does the pressing have the grooves cut wider so you can SEE where the breaks in the track are, but it's still all one seamless track? I LOVE THAT, many of the Importe recs and some other labels (like maybe Disconet) did this with the cutting, but i guess moreso of the disco ones on Importe where there were obviously 2 or 3 different 'parts' of the long track, such as an intro, a big orchestral bridge, an all-percussion breakdown, etc. (Trivia: as a nod to this technique, the first Jersey Devil Social Club on Environ also cut the grooves this way)

Now what i want to know is where can i get that Man Parrish cut "Techno Trax"... which album? or was it ever a single on it's own?

--
Matt MacQueen
http://sonicsunset.com