is truly one of the greats. I went to check him last night for the first time.
now I know why goodtimes had such a rep. he redefined my whole concept of dance
music. his hour long rare disco/funk set on 45's! rocking no diggety acapella
over the riddim from ring the alarm (tenor saw)! plus it was a reunion of sorts
for all the OG beat soldiers that don't keep in touch as much as they should.
man! the dancefloor was less than half full the whole night but it was like,
me, Kemit, Applejack, Tac, Jamal Ahmed, Kai, Haze, the Booty girls (I love the
booty girls) and everybody just snatching themselves around like a bunch of
confused mental patients. AWESOME! I swear the guy never even dug through his
bag. he just leaned down, picked one up, threw it on and devastated! all night!
I can't work right now. he really does play everything, and in such a way that
it doesn't sound different. the common thread was easy to follow. I heard an
aretha franklin song that I. DIDN'T. KNOW!!!! (a!
 nd I don't play when it comes to aretha). what?! how?! aw man, I need to calm
down. whew. that was spiritual. I forgot to hit the bar even. fxckin ell. I'm
not gonna be the same. sorry if this comes off like BS chatter. shutting up.

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems

** I am exactly what I wanted to become since I was 5 years old. Since 5 year
olds are not noted for mature judgement and sometimes aspire to piracy or
gunfighting, this is not necessarily a sign of success. **