Exactly the point I was about to make re this Italian DJ thing: it's all
very well everybody saying "well he deserved it if he'd ripped the mp3s from
the net and not paid for them and if he owned the records that'd be legal
and dandy and everything'd be OK" but is that really the position? -
apparently not.
After all if you put a DJ mix up on a site the records are (probably!) yours
but because you're not listening to them at home but spreading them to a
wider audience that's illegal (doesn't matter if you're making money out of
doing so or not).
So Alex you could load some vinyl on to your laptop and go round a friend's
party and play them and get arrested!
It's all very well saying "well they can arrest me if they like but it
doesn't matter to me because I know I'm in the moral right" but you're not
going to be too happy when you've been fined $1.4 zillion and your life's
f**ked are you?
Which may be the point in this thread in the first place - if a rule that
seems wrong becomes law talk about it, publicise it, shout about it, protest
it!
(then when your protest has had no effect at all apart from getting you
arrested under some draconian public disorder law + we've invaded Iraq go to
the pub and get p***sed)