> So Alex you could load some vinyl on to your laptop and go round a
> friend's
> party and play them and get arrested!
> It's all very well saying "well they can arrest me if they like but it
> doesn't matter to me because I know I'm in the moral right" but you're not
> going to be too happy when you've been fined $1.4 zillion and your life's
> f**ked are you?

Hi Francis,
     This is correct, but many people also forget that even if you take
out the laptop from it, the same applies for a DJ who shows up with
his crate of records.  It specifically says on the records themselves
that no "unauthorised performances" are allowd.  The law doesn't care if you
do it via laptop or record.  Either the DJ or the Performance venue should
be paying Performance fees.

Fun Laws :)

Dave