one of the great revolutions that occurred with the rise of dj based dance
music was the removal of the performer/audience dichotomy. the dancers on
the dancefloor became the entertainment. the action was happening on the
dancefloor not on the stage. power to the people! no more standing around
all staring at a stage with some egotistical jerk masturbating his guitar.

'promised land' and 'sueno latino' sounded just as good and just the same
no matter who played them. you didn't have to be in chicago or have farley
jackmaster funk djing, to have a great night out dancing to house music.

but that didn't really last long - now everybody just faces the dj watching
them change records and won't go out unless it's a name dj. back to the
boring old days of rock n roll again.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]