On Mar 16, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Robert Felber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 09:31 -0800, J.T. wrote:
i dont get it either.
what was the point of doing this on 313?
please dont. i subscribe for rambling nonsense about music, not rambling nonsense about computer/email security.

Exactly that was the intention.  What's the goal, to do this on a list
like bugtraq etc, where everyone knows about it. Of course, if one would be interested in it, he would lookup at [sic] the right places - but to wake someone's attention they must actually see live what's possible to become interested. You want your mail to work (as you want your car to drive) - but for both one should know how it works to don't [sic] cause damage to
himself or others.

Rob, Rob, Rob.

Take a look at this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/net.unix/browse_thread/thread/ 4d966dc8bbcf0ed8/aa67578d283e9cad? q=%22Greg+Earle%22+sendmail#aa67578d283e9cad

Notice the date, Rob?  December 13th, 1985.  According to

        http://robtone.mine.nu/hp/robtone.html

you are 27 years old now.

So you were all of 8 YEARS OLD when I posted that Usenet message about
Sendmail, Rob.  I've been running Sendmail/SMTP servers since you
were 7, Rob.  I KNOW ABOUT E-MAIL SPOOFING.  I KNOW ABOUT TELNET'ING
INTO AN SMTP SERVER AND INJECTING HEADERS AND MAIL MANUALLY.  I don't
need you to remind me - or the rest of this list - that it's possible
to do so.  Just because you're a computer geek with a FreeBSD 4.8
mail server doesn't mean - surprise! - you're the only computer geek
on here that understands MTA's.

And I just noticed that Matt McQueen byaaatch-slapped you anyway about
it, so that's all I have to say in the matter.

        - (An angry) Greg