Oh, by the way Mike Veeck, the son of the Sox's promotion manager at the
time, now manages the St. Paul Saints (minor league) and their stadium is
right by my new house:

The Northern League St. Paul Saints, a team that Mike Veeck now presides
over, celebrated the 25th anniversary of Disco Demolition on Saturday [this
is a 2004 article]. The Saints allowed fans to bring disco records to the
ballpark in exchange for one Saints buck, and the records were destroyed
between innings of their game against Schaumburg.

"Disco Demolition Night has been a 10,000 pound gorilla on Mike's back for
25 years," Saints VP Derek Sharrer said. "We think revisiting that infamous
event will be a healthy exercise for him. Hopefully, we'll get it right
this time."

lovely :^/

MEK

             Michael.Elliot-Kn
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             04/26/05 05:37 PM         "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                                        cc
                                       313@hyperreal.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) peacefrog

the majority of records that were brought in by attendees at Comiskey Park
weren't disco records but they were records by black artists.  Seems it was
more of a racist "rock & roll white guy" event in violent reaction to black
pride and gay liberation.  I recall either seeing or hearing a short
interview with a woman who was working the ticket gate that night and she
was surprised at what records they were bringing in to blow up.  Being
black herself, she was getting quite afraid that the night would irrupt
into a race riot.  I'll see if I can find the source.

MEK

             "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .com"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             .com>                     313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc
             04/26/05 04:56 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) peacefrog

The thought of a stadium full of techno being burnt is horrible.
But for those that don't know the "Official end of disco" happened this
way, kinda.
http://promomagazine.com/news/breakingnews/disco_died/

...steve...

Stoddard, Kamal wrote:

>That's what the fxck I'm talkin 'bout! Me and curtis were talking about
this the other day. He goes, "if records are rare, who the fxck's got
'em?!! Cause they sure aren't playing 'em. Whether the stingy bxstards are
showing them off to friends/other geeks or waiting to cart the whole lot
out to comisky park again,  It's the same motivation. Using records to
prove an ego-point. Not to move the body. They need to come off that shxt."
. 'Bout fell off my legs laughing, because I know more than my share of
house/disco "collectors" that go on about the comisky park incident and how
those people had no respect for the vinyl and all that. Hahahaha.