To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 3:05 PM
Subject: re: (313) Berlin

BERLIN QUIZ> winner gets illustrious prize.

Q1) Are the fleamarkets on Saturday as well as Sunday? Any in particular
that are best for records?

The best fleamarket is on Straße des 17 Juni, go to Tiergarten S-bahn
station. It's open only on saturday and sunday from 8 till 16. It's the best
place for finding records. There's loads of them there.

Q2) Is it true all the shops are shut saturday? I managed to go to hardwax
saturday, but need to know if all the big second hand shops open saturday?
also, what about sunday?

Some are, some aren't... try your luck... That fleamarket is already a very
good spot but if you can sqeeuze in some time, here's a link that I always
use when I go to another country hunting records:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/jur/recshops.html It's a pretty good place to
find shops, eventho the guy collecting is into progressive rock or something and some of the addresses are perhaps outdated. But it's a very good start,
it helped me find decent 2nd record shops in many different countries.
Here's some I know of that might be of interest:

- Das Drehmoment @ Lychener Str. http://www.das-drehmoment.net/
- Dense Recordshop @ Danziger Str. (near to das drehmoment) - experimental
stuff
- Franz & Josef @ Kastanienallee - 2nd hand shop, all 80`s/70`s stuff for
good prices on 2 floors.
- Platten-Pedro @ Tegeler Weg- charlottenburg
- Spacehall @ Zossener Str.-Kreuzberg. Lot's of electro.
- Raw Music @ Zossener Str. Wide colelction of electronic stuff.
- DNS @ Alte Schönhauser Str.
- Tonhalle @ Kastanienallee
- Melting Point @ Neue Schönhauser Str.

Get a map to find out where they are exactly and what U-bahn to catch,
Berlin is a city devided in area's (Kreuzberg, Mitte, etc).

Q3) I have a list of about 20 record shops. any in particular that are best
for 2nd hand? Looking for rare MAXI's of any description - you know, the
sort of shops that have massive piles of records for 1 euro. Not interested
in getting any techno, I'm strictly on the "gotta pick up some pieces
cheap, need to sell some etc vibe". So, weird pop/rock/electronic disco etc
etc etc etc .

See Q2.

Q4) Does I-F only play Friday nights in berlin? where should I go saturday
night - anything good? is watergate still ok?

I-F is moving a lot between holland and Barcelona lately, I'm quite sure
he's not playing in Berlin this weekend. Ostgut is indeed a very nice place:
http://www.berghain.de/
There must be several sites that informs about all the clubs and events in
Berlin, this is just one of them (first hit I got in google)
http://www.circonium.de/berlin/music-events.html

thanks in advance.

alec