i like the hype.
it just depends on where you stand yourself.
it gives me the oportunity to sell one record and buy 20 instead.

don't start bashing the music though because of what you think are stupid prices.
true, prices for some hyped italo recs have gone up 10x in the last year.
but italo has some of the highest prices for dance records for many years now. has to do with the very small labels, with fans & buyers being in their 40s & well settled and with the utter originality of some of the tunes.

i won't hold on to many of them now, after i'm through this phase, but some are genius and will stay with me.

for me minimalism is the real kitsch / cheese these days.