From: dave cronin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Domu - Discotech EP
>Yeah, yeah, I know I'm always on about Domu. This one
>is pretty cool-- he takes his more freestyle/bnb
>approach and applies it to house music. The results
>are a bit Theo/KDJ, complete with samples all over the
>place, off-kilter beats, and satisfying basslines. B2
>is a bit different with a bit more of what you expect
>from Domu-- nice detroit-ish moody pads, brokenbeats
>and some dnb influences.

when domu was in town about a year and a half ago he bought two
copies of omar-s 002 from the shop i work at, one for him and one
for dego. those guys love some detroit house music.

>Kid Sublime - Bassment Works Vol. 4
>More lowlands minimal deep house with prominent KDJ
>influences. For me the real winner is the Side B.
>Totally grrooovy with good builds and changes,
>featuring a nice little vocal loop ("keep on doing
>what I'm doing").

yeah that one is nice. i thought i heard there was a part 5 out,
has anyone heard that? i actually havent liked anything else he's
done outside of the basement works records.

tom

andythepooh.com