perhaps live -- i just noticed that his Breezeblock mix must be live too although it's not obvious throughout

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
didn't he dj at club 77 about 6 months ago - i thought you went simon. or
was that a live set. or am i totally confused? i
james

"Simon Hindle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] u.nsw.gov.au> To <313@hyperreal.org>, 29/08/05 04:13 PM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cc Subject Re: (313) Mathew Jonson

Yeah, Canadian, very much flavour du jour at the moment. His music is
electro-inspired and quite sparse, his big 'hit' is Decompression on Minus.
I'm not really into much of his stuff; the only ones I really like are
Followed By Angels and Marionette, and an early release he had on Perlon
(Alpine Rocket). His sound is really clean, and his beats are seldom
straight 4/4 jobs.

He doesn't DJ as far as I know, it's all live from him. There's a really
recent liveset of his for download at
http://www.zeracon.net/snd/mcs/MovingCity05_Mathew_Jonson.mp3

In a previous life, he remixed Nelly Furtado (of "I'm like a bird" fame).

He also has a side project called Cobblestone Jazz, which seems to be where
his junglist penchant has taken him.

"Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/29/05 2:45 am >>>

I'm curious to get some info on this dude, seeing he's been getting major
props for a while and his records are hot and he is rated by Richie Hawtin.
I think everyone misspells his name, too. I was also under the impression
that he had a UK connection, but it seems with his label being called
Vancouver, he's Canadian... He's booked to play live in Oz, but does he DJ
much also and what is it like?

ForwardSourceID:NT00022422