From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:57 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Swing/"Jive" Jazz samples

listening to Translucent's "Rhythm" on Red Hot records - it uses looped
samples from some swing jazz tune (most likely some old 78)
I know I've heard Derrick May drop tracks like this and Larry Heard
played
one this past weekend as well
wondering what other tracks are out there that use swing jazz samples?

isn't there a house label that releases cut up swing jazz tunes?  Just
can't recall the name of it.

MEK