Ian Malbon wrote:
Clearly there has been a move by many producers to incorporate more vocals in techno and >related genres (Diva-house has always been an exception). I remember thinking this was going >to become a trend when Juan dropped "The Flow". Some, like Recloose, employ guest vocals, >and others, like Jeremy Ellis, handle the task themselves.

First, what's your general reaction to vocal tracks? And does it bother you when some of these >vocalists can't quite cut it?

i mostly listen to the vocals as another instrument. so the tone of the vocal in relation to the rest of the track is way more important than what is sung, and even the quality of the singing. i can imagine loving a track i which the singing is actually quite bad, but where it works in connection with the rest of the music (joe lewis 'midnight dancing' comes to mind).

terry brookes 'breaking cycles' is a vocal techno track i love, the new terry brookes vocal track however the vocal didn't work for me. though the quality of the vocals on this new track are probably better than on breaking cycles.