> he's still running his quite large video production company, involved with
> productions even in America he said on a radio interview last friday,
but as i
> asked him where he'll play further on, he said he just plays three or
four times
> a year. it's just that people having him invited to play at Amsterdam
and Frabic
> recently, and seeing people really enjoyed so much, that he felt
reassured to do
> a mix set around where the idea of a Party is still in sync with his.
Umm.. did
> I say in-sync? Their 'Storm' passed by in his saturday night set. What
a track!

Oh my yes... the builds on Storm are epic. I'm a big fan of In-sync, aka
Lee Purkis', productions. Back in the early 90s he ran a great label
called 10th Planet which featured a half-dozen or so releases all
In-sync related with the best being the Android Architecture album. Lee
also released a nice record on the Plink Plonk label under the name MASP
and was co-producer for the excellent Joe Louis End of the Beginning
album on Fragmented and Back to the Beginning 12" on Relief.

Rumor has it (according to discogs.com) that the music on those Joe
Louis releases was taken from a DAT given to Joe Lewis when he was in
the UK in 1995 by Jamie Read. The DAT contained music made during a
period when Read was recording at the studios of 10th Planet with Lee
Purkis, Chris Hartley and David Manuel (the 3 of whom ran 10th Planet
and recorded as Insync vs. Mysteron). Read was keen to have his music
released on Relief, a label with cult status in the underground UK
scene. He gave the DAT, which contained music that had been worked on by
all four aforementioned artists, to Joe Lewis for the purpose of giving
to Relief as potential material for the label. Some time later these
tracks appeared on Relief as a Joe Louis release, with no credit to the
people who actually produced them.

10 years later (2005) Peacefrog Records in the UK inadvertently released
a further batch of tracks from the DAT on a 12" entitled "He's Back" and
an album entitled "The Return Of Joe Lewis", which was released on both
vinyl and CD.

Anybody know what Lee Purkis is up to these days? Also, any comments on
the recent Joe Lewis releases on Peacefrog? are they like the Jamie Reid
or Insync releases? it's surprising to hear that Peacefrog and/or Joe
Lewis is releasing another artists work and not giving any credit to the
original producers.

For some Frank De Wulf relevance, just last week i took for a spin the
Frank De Wulf remixes of The Orb's Blue Room, The Shamen's L.S.I., and
Model500's The Flow. Nice, nice, nice...

-->-Lance----
6099 Creekside Lane
North Ridgeville, OH 44039
United States