I find it much easier to hear people with ear plugs in when in a club.  The
main trouble I find is talking to people, as they make my own voice sound funny
and quite boomy to myself. I end up talking too quietly and people are always
telling me to speak up!

I also get loads of people asking why I'm wearing ear plugs and do I not like
the music etc. They aren't the most socially accepted thing to wear in a club
it appears!!