From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 February 2006 08:39
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) melodic electro?

Loads of excellent melodic electro coming out in the UK over the last 2
years and should continue this year, from what I can see.

Some recentish cuts I'd recommend:

Pixellated Vision:

http://www.discogs.com/release/259372

Nothing short of brilliant in my view and fits your
'old-school-but-not-too much' criteria very well, I'd say
Michael-Elliott. Yes it's got 808s and all that as it's bedrock (real
ones it sounds like, to me) but there's also a modern, minimalistic,
virtual-analog feel running through it too. One of the best electro LPs
of this decade so far for me.

I'd also check Dez Williams

http://www.discogs.com/release/365605

I can recommend anything by this boke with confidence, but this my
favourite thing by him. Lots of melody, lots of unexpected twists and
turns and lots of layers. Plus it's fresh and clean and dark and dirty
in all the right places.

I know you're already acquainted with Jacen Solo:

http://www.discogs.com/release/334919

But that again is the one to look out for. You'll probably have to buy
it second hand though, if it really was as limited as the blurb
suggests.

Finally look out for this , which should be widely available in March.
It will be a good and up to date over view of a label which ought to be
right up your street.

http://www.discogs.com/release/600506

It also contains (I think) the first track to be released by Plant43,
who's definitely worth watching, whether I'm biased by being his mate or
not!

Ken