I'm aware of some of that stuff but so far at least it's not been my thing.
Fair enough if it was important at the time but it's never made an
impression on me.

> Frankie's pushed the limits: he owned a record store, a label, his
> rights; he promoted huge parties, keeping the ball rolling in the dark
> daze of the early 90s.  He dj-ed parties large and small: he was an
> ambassador for electronic dance music, and he *did* spin all around
> the US and Europe.
> Donald's a playboy, and content with being a 'star'.  Nice guy, good
> dj, but not fair to compare with Frankie.
> Frankie's way more than just a dj and his importance to electronic
> dance music and dance music culture is far more widespread than than
> of Donald Glaude's, who is a decent, albeit flashy dj and a helluva
> nice guy.
>
> There's a scene in a tape from a dance music video series from 91/92
> with some B'lyn kids at rave (can't recall the name of the vid
> series), talking about how if not for Frankie Bones' techno music and
> the Stormraves scene, they'd be jerks and bullies but because of his
> music, they'd learned be chill, and to enjoy dance music.  And to
> dance.

Perhaps Scott Henry is a better comparrison than Donald Glaude, and I'm not
trying to say that Frankie Bones hasn't done more than both Scott Henry and
Donald Glaude put together, but if you talk to people in D.C. they will say
the same things about Scott Henry. I know you hadn't seen my last message
when yours came through, and I take everything you're saying on board. I'm
not trying to hate for no reason, I just don't see why he should matter to
me as an artist.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk