----- Original Message ----- From: "Tristan Watkins"
-----Original Message-----
From: seek
He made great tracks and remixes with Tommy Musto, and his own tracks - eg. the Bonesbreaks series - were in the crates of every dj worth their salt.
And that's in the mid/late 80s, and not 'techno' tracks, either.

I'm aware of some of that stuff but so far at least it's not been my thing.
Fair enough if it was important at the time but it's never made an
impression on me.

The impression that it's made on you, you maybe unware of, but it's there.
One doesn't get here without climbing the ladder he helped build:
all electronic dance music is building upon, acting, reacting on what's
gone before; the Bonesbreaks stuff's seminal: as stated, those 12"s
were in most djs' crates: staple mixers.

Perhaps Scott Henry is a better comparrison than Donald Glaude, and I'm not
trying to say that Frankie Bones hasn't done more than both Scott Henry and
Donald Glaude put together, but if you talk to people in D.C. they will say
the same things about Scott Henry. I know you hadn't seen my last message
when yours came through, and I take everything you're saying on board. I'm
not trying to hate for no reason, I just don't see why he should matter to
me as an artist.

At this point in Frankie's music making career, he probably shouldn't matter to
you.
If you want to really know dance music history and the history of the culture,
you'll
serve yourself well to know what's really up; if you're a versatile dj and
interested in
your roots, crate a few of the first Bonesbreaks.

No one from DC's pumping Scott Henry here (yet), though I agree, he's a much
better
comparison than is Donald, given Scott's entrepreneurial endeavors and production work, as well as regional proximity to Frankie.
seek