On 4/14/06, fab. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> awww comeon, it's not THAT bad....
> there are actually some good names on that list, but i guess they are not to
> your taste.

i mean, i knew dealing with paxahau that there would be an increase in
stuff thats not to my taste. what i didnt expect was nothing but
"german minimal techno". do we really need all those headliners PLUS a
kompakt stage? its a little redundant, isnt it? and some of the names
are just way too ravey, donald glaude (no offense fred, ive seen the
guy at too many awful warehouse raves 10 years ago to have any
interest in seeing him now....), doc martin, POTD, photek? i mean
their connections to detroit are minimal (ha!) if anything. and how
about no suprises, they booked hawtin and speedy j. they do that every
year for an afterparty, dont they?

> BUT i think i do see your point....it's kind of become a festival like any
> other, a lineup like that can be found at any of the festivals they have in
> europe.

i mean that really is what i didnt want to happen. you can draw lines
from detroit to many artists. they happened to pick a bunch who are
irrelevent plus a bunch of samey stuff. hopefully theyll add more good
stuff to the lineup, especially once they announce all the detroit
locals.

> i guess the "real" detroit heroes will be playing at the after
> parties......and that would be the only reason i would or would have come to
> the demf/movement/fuse-in.

i mean as long as i can see the 3 chairs and go record shopping and
hang out with my family and friends, itll be a good time. but they
could have done something great here and thus far it looks like they
havent stepped up to the challenge.

tom