I wouldn't say it's the latest sounds on there, it's all pretty established, as I see it - the scene moves pretty fast. I think the next big thing will be that electronic type emo of Nathan Fake, and Border Community (which I really like but is v trendy). Sebastien Tellier even...

If you wanted to be really hot hot hot you'd also get Gnarls Barkley for the urban side.

I think the line-up is repping a certain scene different to before, that happens every year, keeps it different at least?

On 18/04/2006, at 4:32 AM, fabrice Lig wrote:

I think its a good thing to follow the new trends for a festival, but last year was perfect...Paxahau's job in their room was great, different than the main stage, more clubby atmosphere. But for me a Detroit festival is the chance to let all the Detroit legend and new artists from Detroit to express themselves in front of the people they deserve...So I mean, all the U.R, Transmat, Puzzlebox, Metroplex, KMS, etc people...Some special things...why not a J.Mills Wizard mix...Or philarmonic orchestra with U.R/Jeff Mills like in France. Some Hip-Hop artists from Detroit was a good idea...some Jazz stuff too... I remember last year, U.R camp' stress before their Live act...It was the first time they played live in fromt onf their families...Thats, what we expect as Detroit fans...See some Detroit artist playing in their real environment, I think its something special. At first a DETROIT tribute and then, some "support" artists like the European new artists or confirmed...But as I've seen in a previous message..., why to do a kind of Sonar or other European festival in US, when you are in the city where everything started...something than no other cities in the world can do ? Also, I'm afraid then the Mutek line up will be a bit similar than Detroit festival as they have lot of minimal acts...so even commercialy, I think its maybe not so good for the festival. So, finaly..........Its a bit like doing a "sweets" festival in switzerland without chocolate as the star of the show ... ;-)...sorry for the comparison, ah ! ah !
Fabrice

Fabrice Lig
http://www.multimania.com/fabricelig/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) it's a rave in hart plaza
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:27:15 -0500

I'd rather it not happen at all instead of going this way (Derrick Carter, Donald Glaude, Planet of Drums, Josh Wink, Doc Martin, the overload of
minimal, etc.)
What I've noticed in all the previous incarnations, from DEMF (original) to Movement to Fuse-In, the music was progressive - as in future moving -
forward thinking.
The line-up for Pax's version of DEMF is mostly artists of today - right
this split second - not the stuff that will be in a year or two.
The rest of the line-up can't be announced too soon.

MEK