I've made the long journey twice but I don't really feel any particular draw to this event to be honest- it kind of feels like they've picked some OK and some very not OK people to play and the Detroit "to be announced" people are tacked on as a "necessity" since the event is held in Detroit. I haven't got any any axe to grind at all with the promoters (I've only ever heard of them through the 313 list before and there have been an equal amount of "I love em" and "I hate em" accounts ass far as I remember- I'm just giving the viewpoint of somebody who loves music from Detroit (Techno and otherwise) and isn't really that attracted to this festival. I'd love to come over to see a few old friends but I can't see it happening.

Jason

On 19 Apr 2006, at 16:12, robin wrote:

JT:
> it is frustrating that people will write off the festival already, and that it's not attractive to foreign >visitors thus far, but...we'll seeeee

I was about to comment (from the pov of a european who has been before and would like to go again) that the way the line-up has been announced and the nature of it so far is unlikely to draw the kind of people who'd normal stump up the 100s to come to Detroit for the festival.

I like to think that the local artists and djs will be announced later but this delay is going to help even less in attracting overseas visitors.

The festival should be a celebration of Detroit music shouldn't it. Not just another generic rave?

matt kane:
> i feel like i don't follow the correct sub sub genre of music for this list anymore.

Personally i don't really go in for "sub-genres" and that perhaps is the problem here.

robin...