/jimmer Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Trolian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 11:13 AM
To: 'Derek Plaslaiko.'; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) complete fest lineup

Well put man.

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Plaslaiko. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 10:56 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org

I havent chimed in at all on this subject, due to the fact that Ive just
switched jobs and Im moving tomorrow and the COUNTLESS other things that
have my life upside down, but Ill give me .02 now.

I realize that for alot of you, the fest has morphed into something else
(for better, or for worse). I, for one, don't see this as a bad thing. It
may not be your idea of "detroit", but for what is going on in detroit right
now, it's pretty accurate. Paxahau has put together a pretty solid lineup
that covers most of the bases from before. in some areas, it just scratches
the surface, but at the very least, theres alot of great music.
I dont know... I get where you are all coming from with the whole "theyve
turned it into a typical rave" thing, but lets be honest... look at the
festivals that are put on all around the world. Dont you feel this has more
to offer than, say... timewarp? Or even I Love Techno? I do. Its more
diverse than either of those, and with overall MUCH better music! (I dont
see any Happy Hardcore on there..)

And they did a pretty solid job of getting the next waves of Detroit
producers on there. Theres a couple others I wouldve liked to have seen
added, but I also see plenty that should have played YEARS ago (see: Jared
Wilson, Brian Kage, etc).

Thats all I can say on the subject. Im going... plain and simple. I hope
alot of you do the same, but I can see why not. I re-listed the lineup,
listing what all I am excited about, and to me... thats a good time!

I hope to see you there!

derek.