> Huh? The only DJs I recognize from picturethisdetroit.com on the
> lineup are:
> Kage - prog house? errrr
> Thomas Barnett - the guy who wrote strings of life? ok
> Terrence Parker?

Do you see Terrence Parker or Thomas Barnett on the line-up???
I don't.

> Dennis Cox - opened for Tall Paul, but has tracks on Soiree, which
> last I checked was pretty OK

I agree - think more Soiree people is good
a great but relatively unknown label

> Shawn Michaels - Fine, he name checks Sander Kleinenberg as an
> influence.

uh, yeah. check the people below as well:

 Kenneth Thomas - "His early influences include such artists as; Paul
 Oakenfold, Tiesto, Sandra Collins, Sasha & Digweed, Dave Seaman and Jon
 Pak."

Yos
Marcus Beier
Jenna Brown - electro/prog/breaks
Anthony Attalla - take a listen to his "house" sound
http://www.anthonyattalla.com/aaspinner.html

 > Is one DJ going to spoil the whole fest for you?

 no, but a whole stage of them might -
 They're local DJs, fine.  They play *in* Detroit, fine. They are *from*
 Detroit, sure.  Their music represents Detroit?  No f*cking way it does.
 It's Euro crap from Euro producers that never understood Detroit music.
 It's Ibiza Euro Shiny Shirt sh!t.
 How you could possibly think that even ONE progressive house/trance DJ has
 a place on a stage in Detroit is beyond me.

 No wonder UR aren't involved.

 it's good to see WOW getting a showcase
 MEK