> Dont you feel this has
> more to offer than, say... timewarp? Or even I Love Techno? I do. Its
more
> diverse than either of those, and with overall MUCH better music! (I dont

> see any Happy Hardcore on there..)

Sorry, just can't say I see the same thing. When they've given time slots
to the Progressive House/Trance DJs of Picturethisdetroit.com something has
gone seriously askew.  I don't care if they are local DJs and that's what
is going on in Detroit. That music is soulless and it's sh!t.  Even if the
DJs are from Detroit the music isn't and has been ripped so far from it's
techno roots that it's practically anti-techno.  You can find pro/trance at
any other festival around the world and it's absence from the DEMF was what
made the weekend so great.  DEMF was a hi-tech soul music festival. As much
as I like a number of the additions (mainly the house artists - Blaze,
Louie Vega, etc.) I think the introduction of the Prog/Trance thing is
bogus and it paves the way for more of that nonsense in the future.  I
liked the fact that you had to go to an afterparty to hear any prog/trance
- don't give that crap an "official" platform!

> I realize that for alot of you, the fest has morphed into something else
> (for better, or for worse).

Well, it's worse - should I be excited about that?
F*ck that.

MEK