From: "Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Detroit... how did it go?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:03:54 -0400

On 5/31/06, Anton Banks (313) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any guesses about the likelyhood that the festival will continue next year?

my guess would be not with paxahau in command. attendance this year
was MUCH thinner than in past years. i guess this goes to show,
catering to trendy minimal cats and ravers isnt the way to break even.
i think ive figured out why, and it was mainly by reports of the
afterparties. what i think happened was that paxahau got full of
themselves for throwing the banging/minimal techno parties every year
that every white suburban detroit kid and some of the out of towners
went to. they got that whole crowd every time. all the parties with
the real detroit techno, house, and electro split all the rest of that
crowd. this time, since much less of the crowd from the previous
festivals were in attendance, the detroit music afterparties were
relatively lighly populated while the minimal/whatever parties werent
any crazier than years previous (though this is just from what i heard
from others who went to the parties!).

tom